Are you looking for the best hand massager for arthritis? Well, you have come to the right place!
When you have arthritis, daily activities like opening doors, doing laundry, opening pesky pickle jars, or even brushing your teeth can feel painful or simply impossible. But what if we told you using a hand massager for arthritis could offer you the relief you've been looking for.
It's surprising how much a simple hand massage helps those with arthritis pain. But for those with a pair of two stiff, weak hands, how does one manage to massage your own hands? You outsource. Try slipping your hand into an electric hand massager and let it do the work for you.
Today, we'll discuss the benefits of using hand massagers for arthritis and what you should consider when buying your own.
Can Hand Massaging Improve Arthritis?
Oh, yes! According to Lalitha McSorley, owner and lead physical therapist at Brentwood Physiotherapy Calgary, hand massagers may reduce the symptoms associated with arthritis, like pain, inflammation, and stiffness. Even the Arthritis Foundation recommends massages as a treatment. That just shows hand massagers are worth trying out!
Hand massagers are super helpful for easing arthritis symptoms. They help alleviate pain and stiffness by increasing circulation to the affected areas. And slowing down a bit at the beginning or end of your day to enjoy a hand massage is super relaxing. You could think of it as a daily meditation but with even more benefits.
Benefits of Using Hand Massagers
Hand massage is a powerful treatment tool! It's more than just relaxing. It can actually offer you serious benefits. The magic of hand massage for arthritis really lies in the boost of blood flow it offers users. This increase in blood flow helps to reduce all types of arthritis symptoms.
But to keep enjoying hand massagers' benefits, it's best to devote time to a daily hand massage. Around 15 minutes per hand will do the trick. According to the Arthritis Foundation, hand massages can reduce hand pain by up to 57%.
Here are some benefits of using hand massagers for arthritis:
- It reduces your pain.
- It improves your joint flexibility.
- It may reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Relieves the stiffness and cramping you are experiencing.
- It may help you relax, so you can sleep better at night.
- It reduces your anxiety because you can now do more things than before.
- It may help strengthen your grip.
- It gently heats to 115 degrees, which may help your muscles to relax.
- It may improve your mood, which is one of the best benefits.
Things to Consider When it Comes to Using Hand Massagers for Arthritis
- To enjoy ongoing benefits, you should use the massager consistently. Daily 15-minute massages are recommended.
- Even though hand massagers help relieve pain, they should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment for arthritis.
- All in all, hand massagers are safe for most people, but certain people should avoid using them, such as people with circulatory issues, infections, or open wounds.
- If you are unsure whether you can use a hand massager and have some medical concerns, we recommend first seeking advice from your physical therapist or health care provider.
How to Choose the Best Hand Massager For Your Arthritis
Consider the following factors when making a decision on what hand massager to go for:
- What type of hand massager do you want? Do you want kneading, compression, or vibration?
- Are you looking for specific features, like heating and different massage modes?
- Consider the size you are looking for. Do you want something that is compact and portable?
- Do you want a hand massager that is electric or manual?
- Are you looking for specific settings like a timer?
- Do you want a wireless hand massager?
- Consider the battery life of the hand massager and whether it's rechargeable.
Meet Our Hand Massager - Duke
Meet Duke, the perfect hand massager for arthritis. 15 minutes is all you need to relax, destress, and feel arthritis relief. Using a massager like Duke could help improve the areas of life that arthritis makes difficult, like cooking delicious food, doing the laundry, or even drinking coffee. Let's take a closer look at what Duke has to offer:
How Does Duke Work?
Duke works with wave-like compression surrounding your entire hand and wrist, providing ultimate relief. With Duke, you will have happier hands; we guarantee it. 😃
What Makes Duke Special?
Duke has 4 hours of battery life and is rechargeable, making daily use a breeze! It is wireless, which is great because you can easily use it while lying on the sofa or in bed and watching your favorite show. It's fully customizable, and you can choose from 6x massages and 6x intensity levels.
All you have to do is put your hand inside the massager, choose your massage and intensity level, and let Duke take care of the rest.
The best part of this heated hand massager is it adjusts to your hand size, making it a perfect fit for anyone! No matter the size of your hands, you will still be able to enjoy the benefits Duke offers.
Who is the Duke Hand Massager For?
If your hands suffer from the following, Duke might be the solution you have been looking for:
- Morning hand stiffness
- Wrist pain
- Aches in hands, or wrists
- Tired or weak hands
- Carpal tunnel
Final Thoughts on Using a Hand Massager For Arthritis
Arthritis is uncomfortable and painful, but that does not mean it needs to compromise your quality of life! Hand massagers are here to save the day and may reduce your hands' pain, swelling, stiffness, and inflammation. It could also reduce your stress and put you in a better mood, which is a bonus!
We hope the benefits we shared with you in this hand massager for arthritis article have motivated you to get yourself your own hand massager. A short routine of only 15 minutes a day could leave your hands feeling as good as new. After using the hand massager, opening doors, doing laundry, texting, opening jars, or brushing your teeth will be as easy as pie for you again. For artists, using your paintbrush or pencil could become easy again!
If you want to try Duke hand massager, you can get 15% off your first order with us with code 15MASSAGE.
Take care of your hands, and they will take care of you! Happy massaging.