If you’re looking for the very best beginner butt plug, let’s chat.
Butt plugs are fantastic sex toys that can help you safely explore some backdoor fun. They offer a large amount of sensations and can be enjoyed by anyone. If you're a prostate owner, butt plugs are great for stimulation, and if you're a vagina owner, they can provide you with pleasurable pressure on your vagina's back wall.
Whether you're a butt-play beginner or a pro, butt plugs can help switch things up and help you be open to new things. Today we’ll step into the world of butt plug play and share with you the best beginner butt plug and all there's for you to know about these incredible toys.
Here’s beginner butt plugs 101.
What are Butt Plugs?
Butt plugs are, as the name suggests, a plug for your butt. A butt plug's primary function is to make you feel good. David Ortmann, LCSW, a psychotherapist and sex therapist based in San Francisco, says, "The anus can be a remarkable source of pleasure, so butt plugs, with a lot of lube, are a great way to loosen up the anus and get something inside of it."
You should keep in mind that the anus does not self-lubricate like the vagina, so you need to prep it for penetration of a penis or any other sex toy by using lots of lube and starting small with your fingers. (This is called anal training if you’re interested.)
What Is A Beginner Butt Plug?
A beginner butt plug is designed to ease someone into butt play.
Simply put, a beginner butt plug is one that is sized conservatively, designed with a tapered end, and made of soft silicone. It’s important to start small before graduating to larger plugs. The best beginner butt plug is one that checks all these boxes.
✓ starting small – 1 to 1.5-inch diameter.
✓ insertion aid with a tapered end
✓ made of soft silicone
Check out this beginner anal toys collection.
Wes is our smallest anal toy with a 1-inch diameter.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying a Beginner Butt Plug
Apart from your butt plug having a flared base, you need to consider the following things before buying one.
- Make sure the butt plug is made from body-safe materials.
- Go with silicone, borosilicate glass or stainless steel. If you're a beginner, go with silicone, as it is easier to insert and feels softer.
- Start off with the smallest size. You can always go bigger.
Can You Use the Butt Plug For More Than Anal Training?
If you thought that butt plugs were only used for anal sex training, you're wrong. Butt plugs can be used in the BDSM community as a form of dominance or submission. Some advanced users can wear them for hours on end and when they're out and about.
Another great use of a butt plug is to experience double penetration. Slip in your butt plug and wear it during vaginal sex with your dildo or a penis. Receiving oral is also amazing while having a butt plug in, so give it a try with your partner. But hey, this doesn't mean that you can only enjoy butt plugs with a partner. You can have spectacular solo sessions on your own with them.
Lube and Butt Plugs
As mentioned earlier, the anus doesn't self-lubricate like the vagina does, so you're going to need to give your butt a helping hand. If you're going to use your beginner butt plug with multiple partners, make sure to use a condom to practice safe sex and use silicone or water-based lube before each of your sessions.
Silicone-based lubes are great because they're thick and last longer than some water-based lubes. But use a water-based lube if your butt plug is silicone, as silicone lube breaks down silicone. If you have a glass or stainless steel butt plug, you can use any lube, which is very convenient!
How Do I Insert My Butt Plug Safely?
Let’s explore the 101 for those looking for their first butt plug.
Don't insert your butt plug straightaway; first, incorporate some foreplay because foreplay is a non-negotiable babe. 😉 First, try some activities that you like, like oral play, to relax and warm your body up and make it ready for new stimulation.
Next, you want to insert something smaller than a butt plug, like your fingers. You can also ask your partner if you can borrow their fingers to spice things up. Now take your finger or your partner's and circle around the anus, and then gently insert one finger. Glide the finger in and out, and when you're ready, insert another finger. (Try latex gloves for fast clean-up!)
Lube it up.
When you're comfortable with a couple of fingers, lube your butt plug up and gently insert it. The easiest position to insert a butt plug is doggy style, but hey, all of us are built differently, so there might be another position that works better for you.
If you meet some serious resistance, STOP insertion. Do not force anything! Try to breathe and relax instead. The anal sphincter is strong and might push back when you first begin to enter the back door. Insertion is easiest when your muscles are relaxed and receptive.
How To Remove A Butt Plug
To remove your butt plug, you can do the following:
- Gently pull it out of you and take deep breaths in and out.
- You can also ask your bae to hold the butt plug’s base and slide it out of you.
- When you have reached orgasm during anal play, it may be easier for you to remove your butt plug as the pelvic floor muscles are relaxed.
Butt Plug After Care
After anal play, it is important to clean your butt plug. Here's how.
- Wash your hands and your butt plugs with warm water and gently soap.
- If you're a vagina owner, you should avoid spreading bacteria from the anus to the vulva or vagina, as this can lead to infection. Make sure that both you and your partner wash your hands before touching any of your private parts.
- Silicone plugs can be washed with warm water and gentle soap or put in the dishwasher.
- If your butt plug is silicone, tempered glass, or stainless steel, you can also boil them if they don't contain a motor.
Why We Love Butt Plugs At BerryLemon
The following are the benefits of using a butt plug.
- They provide you with extra stimulation and can make your sexual experience more intense. This is because the anus and rectum are filled with a lot of sensitive nerve endings.
- It can help you reach an anal orgasm. Butt plugs are especially great for reaching prostate orgasms if you have a penis.
- They help you prepare for anal training. If you want to try out anal sex, butt plugs are great for training your sphincter muscles. They help them to get used to the sensation of anal penetration so that you don’t experience discomfort or pain when engaging in anal penetration. When your sphincter muscles are relaxed, it will be easier to insert a penis or dildo.
Where Can I Buy a Best Beginner Butt Plug?
So where you can buy a butt plug is all up to you and your butt. But don't worry, we will give you some recommendations.
You can buy your butt plug in person at a boutique or a trusted store if you want to ask them some questions.
If you don't have a reputable store near you, you're too busy or too shy(which is totally fine!), you can shop online and let them deliver it to your door in discreet packaging.
Let us have a look at the best beginner butt plugs.
This Is Our Favorite Beginner Butt Plug
Leo, the vibrating butt plug is the best beginner butt plug. It is remote-controlled, powered by two motors, a rotating base, and designed for easy use and pleasure. Let us have a look at what makes this butt plug totally worth it.
Why is it worth it?
The following are reasons why the Leo vibrating butt plug is the best butt plug.
- Anyone can enjoy it. Whether you're a total newbie or a backdoor fun expert.
- It has 10 feel-good massage modes and 2 motors that can be controlled by the click of a remote. Give your partner the remote for some controlled bum fun.
- It is dual-purpose and has a flare base that keeps things in place. It offers incredible stimulation with its 360-rotating base beads.
- Its taper design makes it easy to insert.
- It has a modest 1.4-inch diameter.
- It is waterproof and USB rechargeable, so you can take your butt plug literally everywhere.
- The packaging is delivered discreetly, so you can enjoy bum fun in incognito mode.
There's nothing this butt plug cannot do, so add it to your bedroom and explore something new and exciting.😉
If you want something smaller, consider Wes, it’s our smallest anal toy with only 1-inch diameter.
Final Thoughts on Best Beginner Butt Plugs
Butt plugs are amazing sex toys that can be enjoyed by anyone who has a butt. They're not only great for preparing you for penetrative sex but can provide you with immense pleasure. Whether you're a beginner or an expert with anal play, remember to start off with foreplay to warm up your body and prepare it for the stimulation.
Butt plugs are not only great for partnered sex, but they are amazing if you want to fly solo. If you're a beginner and want to know what the best beginner butt plugs are, or if you just want a fun addition to your collection, the Leo vibrating butt plug will be a great choice. It is remote-controlled and has 2 motors and 10 massage modes. It also has a taper design, so you know it's not going anywhere.
Step into the world of butt plugs. Start off small, work your way up, and enjoy the amazing sensation that comes along with it. Just don't forget the lube babe!